First and foremost, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!! I hope you all enjoyed celebrating with friends & family & aren’t paying too heavily for it today!
As we roll into 2018, this is a time of year when many of us start to look at what we want to achieve in the upcoming 12 months. The last couple of years haven’t been the easiest or most successful for me & as a result I have found myself going into January saying to myself that “this will finally be my year”. On a personal level I’ve worked hard on my mindset & grown more into the person I want to be, but I haven’t had the success I would have liked in either business or in love, two significant areas of my life.
Despite investing huge amounts of time, energy & finance into a company I set up a couple of years ago, I haven’t achieved what I set out to do. Part of the difficulty with this is that I’ve been reliant on others to help me bring my vision alive, (something I don’t want to repeat again, hence why this blog is here today). Meanwhile in my personal life, this year saw the beginning and end of a relationship I had high hopes for. I hope to someday find my soulmate but for now, I am a single man once again.
Perhaps there is good reason for me to be down about these areas of my life, but the way I see it, I haven’t failed, I simply haven’t succeeded yet. With a clear vision that makes me excited for my future, I feel alive & energised regardless of past successes or failures. Accompany this with a determination to take action beyond what most others will do (as some of my pictures may show!) & I can look forward confident that the difficulties I’ve faced are all part of my journey. These experiences have helped me grow into the person I am today, but they are in the past, where they belong.
Furthermore, through my endeavours I’ve learnt valuable lessons & I now stand in a far better place to succeed, wiser, more fearless & more determined than ever.
I can’t be sure what the future holds but it is my vision for what could be that fills me with hope & motivation for the future. it’s this that makes me feel alive.
Last week I spent some time alone to establish and connect with my goals for 2018, I’d like to share some of these with you here. When I was writing these down, I felt a deep sense of purpose, for the first time in years I feel in control of my own destiny. This is because to execute my vision I’m no longer reliant on anyone but me. It’s a powerful and exciting feeling, my future is in my own hands & I know I will work hard to make that happen.
In sharing these goals I am putting them out to the universe & making myself accountable to honour my word.
I wish you all an exciting & energised beginning to 2018, may this be the year all your hopes & dreams come alive.
* Become a mental health ambassador with a charity and support them financially.
* Carry out guided meditation and self-exploratory classes in a London studio (which I also need to find).
* Provide mindful personal training & life coaching for people who want to maximise their potential and get more purpose to their life.
* Become an ambassador to a brand(s) aligned with my philosophy.
* Get at least one of my blogs published by a leading magazine, newspaper and online publication.
* Host both UK and European retreats focused on mindset, performance and meditation to help the participants live a happier life.
* Launch my upcoming podcast including at least 7 interviews with high profile names who will share their mental health journey. As well as at least 3 guided meditation.
* Continue to capture iconic and vulnerable images to share approximately once a week on this blog.
* Create and share more diverse but still relevant content to this blog, alongside the raw images I already post.
* Create a calendar and or coffee table book based on this blog to raise money and awareness for a mental health charity.
* Build a beautiful relationship with my new AgeUk companion.
* Get involved with local homeless projects.
* Become a mentor to a teenager in need.
Health and mindset:
* Do a tantric course.
* Make a new voice recording of my goals and mantras for 2018 and listen to the recording every morning.
* Meditate every day.
* Every time I walk through a door frame, I will remind myself to smile, correct my posture and have gratitude for what’s around me.
* Embrace being silly and playful more often.
* Laugh more.
* Stretch every morning.
* Tell my Mum I love her more often.
* Do something that challenges me / gets me out of my comfort zone every day.